What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving Outside

• Thread starter Shadowtski
  • Start date

Shadowtski

Supporter
I started moving my plants outside today. They're moving into an uncovered 10 gallon tank on the north side of my house. The tanks sit in a 72" x 48" x 18" baker's rack. The light intensity here is about the same as my inside T-8s. It runs about 25% as bright as direct sunlight, measured by an incident light meter. That should give them an easy transition.

The green mesh on top is plastic covered bird wire. It should keep out squirrels and birds. (I hope) The mesh is form fitting and held down with 2 small bungee cords.

Good growing,
Mike

Outside%20Terrarium%20001.jpg

Some nice full pots ya have there!

Chicken wire mesh like that is a common material for keeping critters away from CPs, it should work fine.

Other than the typical flytrap, those are seed grown plants, started in February , 2015.

Nice looking plants! And good call on the mesh... I lost a number of plants to squirrels last year.

Back