What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Motor type

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

Motor type - YOU CHOOSE!

• Piston

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Piston turbo

• Piston supercharger

• Rotary

• Rotary turbo

• Diesel

• Diesel turbo

• Huh???

• Total voters

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Here we go!! Which do you prefer? Not just for racing... but over all. Performance, reliability, everyday use (towing etc) I put mine on piston turbo. It used to be piston supercharger, but turbo has come a looooong way.
Andrew
Remember, your opinion is just that. So don't go being mean and bashing people. fun fun fun!!

well the rotary is still sorta "new" and alot of people dont know about these as the post i have made.  ill be honest, the rotary engine is sorta "short lived" than the pistion engine.  a good thing about the rotaries is that there are less moving parts that cause vibration.  if you break down a piston engine and a rotary engine, youll "see" what im talking about. plus there are fewer "strokes/cycles" in a rotary...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Dec. 16 2005,12:52)]well the rotary is still sorta "new" and ...
The first Wankel engine was tested in 1957, so I wouldn't call it "new". The NSU Ro80 from 1967 was propably the most famous car using this type of engine.

Joachim

I'm enamored with the days before electronics when people had to be brilliant mechanical engineers (clockwork and the like) to make things come alive. I like the rotary engine a lot in theory because of that... reengineering rather than throwing more parts at our problems. But from what I've heard (I'm no car expert) they still need some more design attention.

Most new car features I can think of now are just designers inventing problems to solve so it looks like they're improving things, and making us pay triple to get simple things repaired as a result.

what no plasma engines?!
smile_m_32.gif

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4527696.stm

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joachim Danz @ Dec. 16 2005,2:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Dec. 16 2005,12:52)]well the rotary is still sorta "new" and ...
The first Wankel engine was tested in 1957, so I wouldn't call it "new". The NSU Ro80 from 1967 was propably the most famous car using this type of engine.

Joachim
Your kidding me right? The most famous, best selling, most winning rotary car is the three generations of the RX7.

-Rail

Vroom! I'd say rotary, 'cuz I think rotary is a cool technology and is definitely up-and-coming, but I'm buying a piston-driven turbo soon so that's what I voted for... Putting my mouth where my money is, I guess.
~Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joachim Danz @ Dec. 16 2005,11:16)]
[b said:

Joachim
"new" to the people has always been. as far as i know about the rotary engines, its been on cars such as r100, rx2, rx3, rx4, rx7, and now rx8.

You forgot L.I.M. (linear induction motor). I would of chosen that one.

AA Fuel Dragsters...supercharged piston engine beasts that burn Nitro methane fuel, produce in excess of 7000 horsepower and accelerate through the 1/4 mile in 4.5 seconds with a terminal velocity of 330+ miles per hour.

Supercharged, piston engines rock and roll.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lauderdale @ Dec. 17 2005,7:46)]Supercharged, piston engines rock and roll.
suppose to be rock and or roll
smile_m_32.gif

jk!

You left off the Gerbil-in-Wheel 120ix Z240. Very fuel efficient...some seeds, kibble and a little fruit and you can drive for INCHES!
smile_n_32.gif

I think I'll make a poll about what kind of lipstick people wear...
smile_l_32.gif

You voted "huh??" didnt' you PAK? Stick your nose out of my poll!!!

Yay! The "huhs" are winning! I'm making a poll about breakfast cereals!!
smile_n_32.gif

Seems there are 2 sets of people.. Those who care about this strongly... and those who don't know/care anything about it. I take it JBL and PAK are on the side of don't know... hehe

( I left this cause it was really funny....) (Edit from JBL in my OWN PRIVATE POST!~~>) JBL and PAK... are on the side of reason, and have a life, unlike my sorry desert dwelling pathetic existence.
smile_m_32.gif

Yah, you're right...  I don't care.  
smile_h_32.gif
 I bet PAK has a life too...

We rule....
cool.gif

P.S. I left the word "yah" in there as evidence that you tampered with my post. Only A hillbilly diesel head would use that word--now hands off my post grease monkey!

Hey...I know horsepower. The real deal...four on the floor...GIDDYAP!

You wanna talk horsepower? Lets talk withers, pasterns, slope of the shoulder, power in the hindquarters, strength in the canon bone, stride, gait.... D-ring snaffle bits, martingales, longe lines, cavalettis...leads, diagonals, collected canters and extended gallops. I like horsepower...REAL horsepower.
smile_n_32.gif

Probably cheaper nowadays to own a horse than to maintain a car.

Hehe... strength in the canon bone.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Now now Dyflam...
smile_l_32.gif
lol

Gee...go have a birthday and all of a sudden you're a comedian.
smile_n_32.gif

Back