What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More USPS follies . . .

• Thread starter BigBella
  • Start date
In short, I had been expecting a perishable package to be delivered yesterday. According to the wonky USPS site, it had been out for delivery as of 8:39 AM on Thursday. The morning post had been delivered but no package was present.

Later that evening, I received a 6:55 PM auto-reply email from the sylphs at the USPS, stating that the package had been delivered "In/At Mailbox" at 6:48 PM. Never mind, that I had been within sight of the mailbox during that entire time.

The package finally arrived with the post this morning and the carrier scanned it yet again, though had no explanation why the USPS had claimed delivery. She would have been on that route and told me that she was at dinner by that time. The USPS still claims delivery some seventeen hours ago.

I have since discovered that this occurrence is not that uncommon; that there are numerous threads of vendors and clients alike, who have had similar issues, often without a particularly happy ending . . .

The package had been insured; but how does one collect upon a supposed loss when the USPS claims delivery?

Last edited:
If you needed to place a claim on it, I still would... They will have the carrier's history of all scanned items that day and see yours didn't get scanned in the proper lay of the route and know something wasn't right.

Back