What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More mid winter snacking!

schloaty

Staff member
Check it out! I didn't know regia leaves were so mobile....

capture2.jpg

capture.jpg

caprture3.jpg

What did it catch a bee?

Nice shots.

Great looking pictures Schloaty
smile.gif

Can you please post what conditions you grow that plant under? It's definitely more healthy looking than my D. regia.

Glider, that's actually a mosquito that I caught in my grow room - I have some open (large) water containers that I use to melt snow, and then I dump the water in to a rain barrel. I must have spawned from the barrel.

Gecko, it's in my intermediate tank under fluorex bulbs (seen here )
with humidity over 85% at night, and generally in the 60's durring the day. I don't think this is strickly needed, but it seems happier there than in the grow room, so in the tank it stays. I think it likes the temp drop into the low 60's at night more than the humidity....though the dew drops on it seems to disagree with that....

Glad you like the pics!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Jan. 25 2006,7:27)]I must have spawned from the barrel.
Everyone watch out this summer for spawning Schloaties! I hear they are worse than West nile mosquitoes!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Jan. 25 2006,6:27)]Glider, that's actually a mosquito that I caught in my grow room - I have some open (large) water containers that I use to melt snow, and then I dump the water in to a rain barrel.  I must have spawned from the barrel.

Gecko, it's in my intermediate tank under fluorex bulbs (seen here )
with humidity over 85% at night, and generally in the 60's durring the day.  I don't think this is strickly needed, but it seems happier there than in the grow room, so in the tank it stays.  I think it likes the temp drop into the low 60's at night more than the humidity....though the dew drops on it seems to disagree with that....

Glad you like the pics!
Perhaps I'm not giving my plants enough of a temperature drop at night. It might even be that my daytime temps are too high, seeing as you keep yours in the 60s. I might try moving them around to different parts of my growing setup to see if they do better anywhere else.

Hey Geck, I meant 60's for humidity durring the day....The day temps are usually in the low to mid 70's.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Jan. 25 2006,11:48)]Hey Geck, I meant 60's for humidity durring the day....The day temps are usually in the low to mid 70's.
Oh ok, thanks. The grow chamber that I currently have my two D. regias in hovers in the 80s most of the time, and this is during winter. It'll only get hotter in the summer. I think I may move one, if not both of my D. regias, to my 20 gallon long. It has temps in the 70s and may be more suitable for this plant.

Back