What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Ebay Trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is very sad, he clearly isn't a CP enthusiast, just a market digger. Obviously, I cannot say whether or not he is breaking the law, but I certainly feel he is challenging some strong ethical principles.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carnivorous-Pit...385?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ac871829

Please chime in and let me know what you think. Also, if any moderator could move this to the most appropriate place, I would appreciate it. Not sure if this was the best place for this.

This seller was discussed here before.

Yeah, This was discussed here before. I couldn't find the thread, but it did get really heated. I believe he even came on here to talk about it. He was reported to ebay and got some pretty nasty e-mails from members here. It was found he was in the legal right to sell plants if I remember correctly.

If I remember correctly he is harvesting off his land, plants that he has planted in the past.

Can someone post the link to the previous discussion please?

Cant find it, maybe it got removed?

The first thread was deleted because the topic did indeed get VERY heated. And we received very serious allegations on the way some of our members responded to the situation. I'm just going to put this out there...keep it in check this time.

The first thread was deleted because the topic did indeed get VERY heated. And we received very serious allegations on the way some of our members responded to the situation. I'm just going to put this out there...keep it in check this time.

I'll say it again: this guy is doing NOTHING wrong; sending him nasty messages is plain cruel.

There is nothing illegal about digging up plants that are on your own land and doing whatever you want with them. I can name a number of very popular hybrids and species that have entered the hobby in the last ten years that were all acquired by collection from private land, either by the owner of said land or with the permission of the owner of said land. No one makes a peep about their origin.

The last thread on this gentleman did indeed degenerate, mainly by the actions of one individual though they did have some less vocal support (no, I will not name names) and was removed.

As Emily said, if you wish to discuss this, feel free. But be aware that the Mods/Admin are watching and we will not let this one turn into the conflagration the last one became. Keep it in check or it will be kept in check for you.

Don't know why this thread isn't deleted yet. Keep kicking a dead horse isn't going to make this thread go away any faster.

I dont think the thread should be deleted, but it could probably be locked, since there is really nothing left to discuss..I think it should be locked, but not deleted, so it can be trotted out as an example that "we talked about it before, and the questions about this guy were totally resolved" when the subject comes up again in the future..which it will! ;)

Scot

Yeah, I'm locking it. What the heck, Pyro, why are you going around bumping week-old threads and stirring up all the drama llama poo? :poke: :p

(No but really, the reason why is because I had posted a link in the Mod forum saying keep an eye on this thread. There were no follow-up replies because you all had done as I asked and just left it alone. Pyro probably just didn't realize that it had been so long since the thread was active. Anyway, thanks guys, for keeping it clean! :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back