What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Far too old to grow up now.
Recently a few forum members where kind enough to send me some D. capensis seed. Which I planted in a tray containing 50/50 sterilized peat and finely crushed perlite (couldn't get ahold of sand which I would have preffered). tray was left uncovered but perpetually moist. No special lighting (never really found light neccessary before gernimation anyway) though they were under the flourescents beside my african violets for lack of space anywhere else. Tempuratures were in the 70-75 range. A week later I have mold. The dark dusty green almost looks powdery kind of mold. I have never experienced mold during germination for drosera before so this is a new one for me.

So, what did I do wrong?

Edit: And this should be in the Drosera forum! Would one of the mods be kind enough to move this for me?? Please?

moving by request to the Drosera forum
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back