What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mold?

I recently recieved two rooted cuttings of N. 'ventrata' and have noticed that one of them appears to have small white clusters on its leaves. I examined them under a 10x hand loop and they are wispy and dont appear to be insect eggs. Does this sound like mold and should I be concerned. Could this be the result of them being closed up for shipping? I have them outside so I dont think air circulation is a current problem.

Also as a side question the first leaf of the newly active node has died and turned black on the one without the white "mold" is this a bad sign?

It doesn't matter much if the first leaf died. It will activate a dormant node or send up a basal. It the one with white clusters bothers you buy a fungicide. however it might be a better idea to wait a month or two to see if it is harmful.

Back