What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

miranda cutting update

stacker

slightly askew
miranda(?) cutting update

Hi all,

Back in April I received 2 MONSTER cuttings from ilbasso. I tried a couple of different potting mixes, but the cuttings did not seem to be doing anything so I switched up. I lost one cutting to an early freeze, and maybe a media mix that was too chunky for a cutting. But the other I put in staight perlite,(Cindys post regarding straight perlite and cuttings was a God send),in this wine goblet, the cutting began to grow. These were taken mid September.
pic2077jpg8be5.jpg

pic2075jpg4he3.jpg

The first pitcher starting to form.
pic2078jpg6pf9.jpg

In early Octoober I repoted to this;
pic2080jpg21bc2.jpg

And the first pitcher had grown to this;
pic2081jpg20za0.jpg

Mid October the second pitcher had formed and I had these, first on the left second on the right.
abe3b726e685xg1.jpg

The plant grew like mad, the third tendril stretched into the lighting while I was out of town and got burnt to a crisp. I had to take it out of the terrarium. During acclimation I lost both pitchers, here is the plant now;
7e509d274bc8zg2.jpg

The growth point;
a456d8b38371bl4.jpg

And a new pitcher forming;
3215b2db480fyo1.jpg

Getting the plant acclimated to my climate has been slow, but it is finally taking a turn. Growth has slowed considerably since I moved it from the terrarium. The lower leaves paled and were not happy. But the 2 newest leaves are nice and green and waxy.

So, hopefully it will pick up again here soon. Thanks ilbasso for the cuttings, I appreciate the opportunity.

stacker

I got an extreamly large cutting from him too, but i only got one and it ended up dieing :(

It's nice to see that someone was successful :)

Back