What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mini pond

I have a mini pond with some fish and today when touched the water at 3:00 it was about 80 f
it is under my patio with good light and they eat well i kept the pond for about a month and it does goodit has 2 filters and i don't know whats' wrong:-(

:poke:

i cant understand you. what do you men "whats wrong?"? i cant even find a problem.

i mean that the water is warm for my pond and i want it to be the average pond temp

...80 is fine dude. Most aquariums are around 78-80 degrees.

What type of fish? Goldfish and koi are generally cold water fish that need a fair amount of oxygen in the water during hot days.

If the pond is getting direct sun with no shade, it is going to heat up quickly and can stress the fish.

Do you have any pond plants like water lillies?

put a lilly in your pond, it will grow out, shade the water, and cool it down. in addition it will protect your fish from those dirty evil flying things.

Back