What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minature bromeliad

I need some help growing minature Bromeliad, I'm planning on adding them to a cork bark background, and there are small gaps where they will fit. Am I suppose to use a soil mixture or some type of moss, and do I live in submerged in deep moist soil, or Do i mist constantly. Also, I heard they can hold water in the middle, am I suppose to place water in there?

First of all, what type of Bromeliad is this? If you don't know, there's an easy way to tell. If it doesn't have a cup/vase in the center it's a tillandsia. Tillandsia don't like having their growth point constantly wet, although they do enjoy being misted a couple time per day. Tillandsia don't need (any) subtrate. Just somthing to hold onto. Most other bromeliads can still be mounted but will be partially dependent on their roots for moisture. A handful of spagnum held on the roots with fishing line usually does the trick. Just keep the sphagnum wet and the vase filled with water for these. Also, medium light and high humidity helps.

Mike
smile.gif

I don't know what it is. Its minature assorted bromelaid, comes in a really really small pot just big enough for the roots, then in the middle there a huge flower blooming out.

Back