What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hey guys, i have been looking for mimosa for quite a while sometime, and recently i went over to jeremiahs house, well we talked for a bit, and exchanged some plants, and then we went to red rock gardens, next to jeremiahs house, well i came for the carnivores there, but first thing when i walk in the greenhouse is about 20 mimosa pudicas, all full grown some flowering for 4.99, i bought one that looked particularly tall, and with lots of leaves (got cut while picking it up, nastly lil thorns) anyway its really cool, and i have it growing outside with all my sarras, it seems to like it, its open during the day, but closes at night (coled nights here) anyway, when it blooms ill sew some seeds, and put some up for sase/trade on the trading forum, so be watchin
smile_m_32.gif

That's one of my favorite non cp plant.

mimosa is cool, there are is a type growing in our field in Baya Juana, Dominican Republic. We call "morir, vivir" which just means "live, die". it grows like a weed around a good sized lagoon where we have rice growing, and if you touch it or poke it, the leaves shrivel up. Its been said to use the same mechanism to close as a venus flytrap. It does it instantaneously, much faster than a vft.

yeah, my mom got back from honduras, and said they called theirs "you live, you die plants" cant remember the spanish name though

oh yeah, and the reason i like mimosa alot is cuz they open up much faster than a VFT

morir vivir, means exactly that. they are great, i stepped on one going through the laggon, hurt like $&#(*&$@#9!!!!!!

yeah. nasty little thorns, mustve really hurt, mine is blooming as we speak, hopefully ill have plenty of seed to send for free

Back