What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Milk benificial?

FlytrapGurl

apple rings.. what more can i say?
Would a drop of milk in one of my S. purpurea's pitchers be beneficial to it in any way? If so, how often should I give it a drop of milk?

Thanx for any help
smile.gif

How often should I put a drop of regular milk in one of my S. purpurea's pitchers?

WOWEE!!! The milk must be VERY beneficial! Since I gave it a drop of milk in one pitcher, new pitchers are popping up left and right!
biggrin.gif

P.S. I will ask once again
biggrin.gif
, how often should I put a drop of regular milk in one pitcher?

you might wanna get more of the same s purpurea and study it a bit more, i dont think a drop of milk can make pitchers grow all over the plant (logical ?) and if you have other s purpurea you should grow them side by side and note what they eat, fee dthem the same and add this drop of milk to one, make sure their roots and rhizoms are also same size, and only then will you know if this 'milk' is actually doing anything

Well you know anything is worth a shot I may try it out when I get home today
smile.gif

Any one know if milk does Sarracenia any good?

edited 07-02-02: Never mind.  My brain fell asleep for a moment when I left to get some coffee.  A mind is a terrible thing to lose.

=======---*
wow.gif

Well for crying out loud I might as well not ask ''how often'' again LOL!
biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RaW$VENUS.FLY.TRAP.beginner @ July 01 2002,22:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you might wanna get more of the same  s purpurea and study it a bit more, i dont think a drop of milk can make pitchers grow all over the plant (logical ?) and if you have other s purpurea you should grow them side by side and note what they eat, fee dthem the same and add this drop of milk to one, make sure their roots and rhizoms are also same size, and only then will you know if this 'milk' is actually doing anything[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Well, no, When I said ''left and right'' I did not literally mean ''all over the plant''. I meant there are suddenly three new pitchers on it growing very fast.

Gurl,

I've never used milk but I would recommend you don't do it more than maybe twice a month and only in a couple pitchers.

Just my 2 cents

Thank you VERY much, Pyro, for answering my question
biggrin.gif

No problem. Sorry I didn't catch it sooner.

Pyro

Back