What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mike's Nepenthes Photothread

mikefallen13

Mr. veitchii
Hey guys,

Here's a few things that are looking nice at the moment, everything is doing well in the new setup.

The jungle by Mike Fallen, on Flickr

N. Tiveyi 'Sarawak Red' EP RC by Mike Fallen, on Flickr

N. jacquelineae PP SG by Mike Fallen, on Flickr

N. veitchii (k) 'Gold Peristome' by Mike Fallen, on Flickr

N. truncata (c) EP SG by Mike Fallen, on Flickr

N. veitchii (m) Bareo, Squat by Mike Fallen, on Flickr

N. truncata x ovata 'Original release' EP RC by Mike Fallen, on Flickr

N. peltata NE TC by Mike Fallen, on Flickr

N. macrophylla DG SG by Mike Fallen, on Flickr

N. veitchii (k) EP RC by Mike Fallen, on Flickr

N. pulchra AW TC by Mike Fallen, on Flickr

N. veitchii (k) '1' EP SG by Mike Fallen, on Flickr

N. robcantleyi BE SG by Mike Fallen, on Flickr

N. hurrelliana SG by Mike Fallen, on Flickr

Nice truncata x ovata. I like the rich browns in that pitcher.

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk

Beautiful plants. Love the peristome on your N.Hurrellliana, love to see it's progression in a couple of years. What conditions do you grow your neps in your setup? They all look amazingly healthy!

Regards

Elliott

Is this a greenhouse or terrarium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!

ChrisAZ: Its a custom built indoor grow-space

Minch108: My temps are intermediate/highland, I used to maintain true HL conditions (75 day, 50-55 at night) but I had some issues with some of the warmer growing species sulking. Since I moved the plants into this setup, temps top out at 78 during the day and drop to around 60 at night, seems to be a happy medium for both the true highlanders and the warmer growers. And yes, the hurrelliana should be quite the sight in a few years!

I’d love to see some pics of the enclosure. What kind of lights are you using?

Beautiful plants Mike! So much more organized that my cluster of tangled Nepenthes. I really need to get in there and chop stuff down again. How many clones of N. veitchii do you have? I like them all :-O

ChrisAZ: Here's about the best pic I can get, not great but you get the idea. Dimensions are 8' long, 6' tall and 4' deep. It's lit by a four, 4' two bulb T-5 fixtures on each shelf, the bottom only has two fixtures running at the moment since it not full. The climate control system is all outside of this room and is routed through the far wall.

The growspace by Mike Fallen, on Flickr

adnedarn: Thanks! I'm sure its going to be a tangled mess within a year or two, I'll enjoy this stage while it lasts! As for veitchii... I have a ton. It's far and away my favorite species so it, and its hybrids, make up the bulk of my collection.

N. veitchii (m) Bareo EP SG by Mike Fallen, on Flickr

N. veitchii x (xTrusmadienesis) 'Striped' EP RC by Mike Fallen, on Flickr

[MENTION=8247]mikefallen13[/MENTION] So nice man! I think I only have one plant with veitchii in it, but I like it. =)
N. maxima x veitchii (female)
20170921_175645.jpg20170921_175704.jpg20170921_175707.jpg

ChrisAZ: Here's about the best pic I can get, not great but you get the idea. Dimensions are 8' long, 6' tall and 4' deep. It's lit by a four, 4' two bulb T-5 fixtures on each shelf, the bottom only has two fixtures running at the moment since it not full. The climate control system is all outside of this room and is routed through the far wall.

The growspace by Mike Fallen, on Flickr

Nice! What kind of climate control are you using?

Everything looks amazing. That ephippiata looks particularly promising. Is it a seedgrown or one of the TC clones? I also like that spectabilis x veitchii. The peristome is very coarse and toothed.

Awesome photos. The peltata does appear to have something like a peltate tendril attachment, so that's promising.

Back