What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Midwest carnivorous plant society

Alright, those of you in the large land massed, but smaller populace states of the Midwest, it is time to stand up and be counted.  Some of us in Nebraska are trying to start a Midwest Carnivorus Plant Society.  I would like to get a count of those interested.  This Society will welcome growers from any Midwest State.

Once we have an idea of member numbers I will establish a society page and we will create a news letter.  The Midwest has its own environmental -'s and +'s.  Through a news letter and site we can help each other out.  We will also attempt to meet on occasion.

Okay Midwest growers, let's hear from you.  Iowa and Kansas (as weel as Missouri) I know there are growers there.  You can respond here, PM or email - rwittpd@charter.net

It's me! I'm in. Dead center of the Midwest I am.
Omaha,NE

Joe

Yes you are and that's two, do I hear three.

THREE !!! THREE!! WHOS THREE? I seen the SouthEasters are picking up steam, I know there are Midwesters here too. Griffin? Where you at? I think I've seen some Iowegians (?) here and probably Kansans (I don't if those are real words but....)

Joe

Define midwest... Indiana? I believe we are often lumped in with the Midwest, but you never know.

Cole

Just dropping in to say that I'm glad we're "picking up steam"!

Thanks
Craig

Thank you nep lover.

Colieo, do believe that Indian has been lumped in with the Midwest with Iowa. You are welcome!

The more the merrier. I hope we can pick up steam too. Welcome Colieo!
We need more, More, MORE

Joe

This is from a government site. It shows the defining lines of sections in the U.S.

As it turns out the map was terribly wrong, procede to Coppers map on next page. Sorry for dumb confusion it caused.

Joe

count me in!! i'm in eastern iowa! yay!!!
smile_n_32.gif

Montana and the Dakotas in the South West?!?!?! thats a first.

Rattler

Yeah that confused me a bit too. It's being looked into to find out what exactly is the defining states of "Midwest". Several sites show different states as midwest, some showed no NE or IA in midwest either which is odd too.

Joe

Okay, here is the Midwest Region of the United States.  I have checked a lot of maps and there appears to be one major difference, and that is whether Kentucky is included or not.

Here are the 12 (or 13 with Kentucky) Midwestern States
midwestbw.gif

Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Ohio
Michigan
Missouri
Minnesota
Nebraska
N. Dakota
S. Dakota
Wisconsin

Virginia is considered NORTHEAST?? No way! lol
smile_n_32.gif

I know, my map I put up is screwy to say the least. Worse yet is that it came from a .gov site I don't know either, just ignore the dumb thing. I'll take it down.

Joe

Bump...sorry

Back