What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microscope pictures of a VFT

Hello.  Since these are all pictures of a flytrap (green dragon) I thought I’d post them here.  If you see a big black arrow like thing ignore it, it's just the pointer in the eyepiece.

This a picture of what i think are the digestive glands of the VFT(100x):

VFT%20Digestive%20Cells%20closeup%20web.jpg

This is another picture of the digestive glands with a trigger hair on the left side (40x or 100x, i'm not sure):

VFT%20Lobe%20with%20Trigger%20Hair%20Web.jpg

A digestive gland under 400x:

VFT%20Digestive%20Cell%20Web.jpg

This is a VFT tooth under 400x.  I'm not sure what the ball like thing in the middle is:

VFT%20Tooth%20web.jpg

And finally a picture of the veins in the petiole (100x):

VFT%20Stem%20Veins%20web.jpg

Hope you enjoyed these.
smile.gif

-buckeye

Great pictures

I wonder if the 'ball thing' in the tooth has anything to do with the way it closes? Scientists have been trying to figure that out for a long time!

SF

All I can say is WOW! How do you get such good pics put up on the comp? Does your microscope hook up to your comp?
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]All I can say is WOW! How do you get such good pics put up on the comp? Does your microscope hook up to your comp?

Hey pondboy.  I wanted one of those microscope cameras that hook up to the computer but they were too expensive.  Then Darcie told me in another post that i could just hold a digital camera up to the eyepiece and take a picture that way.  So i tried it and it worked very well and that's how i took all these pictures.

-buckeye

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SnowyFalcon @ Feb. 13 2004,15:33)]I wonder if the 'ball thing' in the tooth has anything to do with the way it closes?  Scientists have been trying to figure that out for a long time!

SF
My hypothesis is that it is the cell nucleous and that the tooth is just a long single cell. So no it wouldn't have anything to do with the way it closes.

smile.gif
wow, they look great, I'm glad it is working for you buckeye
smile.gif

Back