What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Micro scape?

Hi
i was looking at a bonsai book i got from the library
and i saw it had a little section on micro climets or micro scpaes or something like that
what made me notice it was it had a picture of a one that looked like an exact miniature or a grassy hill
(in the book it said it was a tuffa rock with moss planted on it)
i was wondering if anybody has ever made one
and if they could help me make one if there not to expensive

let me know

Enoc22
smile.gif

Did you mean Miniature landscape or Micro Climate? If you meant Miniature Landscape, Lithopsboy and I are planning to make one on a large cement slab using wild collected material. Although, the cement slab seems like it's going to be very expensive, not to mention heavy. We haven't quite decided on whether to use Maples or Junipers.
tounge.gif

P.S. What book did you check out at the library? I might have it.

Mike
smile.gif

Hey
i found the books its "the bonsai book" by dan barton
and it's actualy a micro envrionment
have you ever made one or seen one before

Also
are you a bonsai'st
smile.gif

if so could you help me i have a
tree i want to traine

let me know

Enoc22

Yeah I am whats your queston on how to train a tree thats not so hard.
biggrin.gif
tell me yur question I will help you as much as possible.
smile.gif

well
i have 3 pomegranets that where growing wild in my yard(one 5" one about 4-5" and the other about 6" or 7") so i thought i might dig them up and use them for a bonsai

i also have two pines that my dad had planted but wherent planted whell so he said i could have them i don't know what kind they are but ones maybe 9" tall and the other about 1'
i have the bothe the pines and the pomegranets in some water with some superthrive in it and there are no roots that are exposed.

i am a begginer so i don't know much about training and stuff like that (although i have gotten alot of books from the library and am learning)
i don't have any tools except some tiny scissors i got from my mom(about 3" long and the blade about 1/4" long)
and the regular garden pruners and saw
no wire except for what i can get at a a hardware store
and i am i live about an hour away from vegas but my mom and daddon't like to go there if they can help it so.....
it sounds lie i am preaty healpless:(
but any way

let me know if i am still helpable or not

enoc22

Hi!

This is called in Bonsai-Techniques: "Sai-Kei". Maybe you can find more information about it on the Internet with those keywords.

Good Luck, they are very nice!

Marco

Hi
well i am not realy trying to do a group thing
i just wanted some care instuctions for wild colected trees

Oliver

Back