What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Method of...

What is your method of making dew. Lets share ideas. I try to bring up the humidity by covering my dews at night, also misting them...It hasnt been workin very well, but Ive only been doing that for a couple of days. So please share for everyone's benefit.
smile.gif

From what I have read, dew production is primarily a function of adequate lighting. The dew isn't water, so misting wouldn't contribute. A healthy plant will produce due. One in shock stops, for awhile.

Dew is not produced by high humidity or misting. The best way to get dew to to give the plants lots of light, increasing it slowly if they are weak. High humidity is good for plants that are in shock, but a good healthy growing plant will make dew even in low humidity and less wet substrates. Misting is a bad idea in general.

The downside of terrariums - no air circulation
The upside of terrariums - dew!

Looks like I have a problem on my hands, have to make a compromise but I think the terrarium is going to win becuz I don't have a garden
smile_m_32.gif

Hehehe, when I first saw this thread I somehow got into my head the crazy idea of using glue for dew, don't know why, just commonly sticky...
smile_m_32.gif

I don't use a terrarium set up or a glorified one, anymore. All my plants sit open tray, exposed to the atmosphere, either by a southwestern sill exposure or outside. I get lots of dew and no mold. The humidity doesn't seem to be an issue.

Back