What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meristocaulis resilience

Hi
has anybody else noted the resilience of the meristocalis seedlings ?
Ive found the factor is amazing given they occur in  such a small area in the wild .Mine have been kicked over  pulled out you name it , yet they still continue on all be it slowly .

heres a pic of a seedling thats  been through  the lot and still plonders on .
Any body got any signs of gemmae yet - ( if they produce it )
regards Belinda

DSCF3377.jpg

Hi
Have decided to sow some meristocaulis seeds directly in my bog garden . Im going to use a 2 ltr coker bottle cut in half and placed over the seeds to create some humidity to aid germination . When i achieve germination the coke bottle will be removed and the seedlings left to the enviroment.If my theory is correct i think i will end up with much faster growing seedlings and a more robust plant - than what can be achieved in tanks under artifical light.I know this goes against most if not all other growers - but i think im spot on - time will tell - i'll post pics of the results .
regards Belinda

Hi Fernando
I will keep the community informed on the results and progress.
Im convinced this will be a success, The only thing is unless i get a couple of cold snaps the seeds wont germinate untill early autumn ( temperature variance)
Heres a pic of the batch of seeds sown (under container )- this bog garden is full of different pygmy drosera  mainly gemmae in the area where the meristocaulis is sown .Will be interesting if successful to compare growth rates with other pygmy grown in same area.
regards Belinda
DSCF3584.jpg

Back