What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Membership

It was voted last night that membership should require a minimal dues. This will help in keeping the corp running. We tried to keep the dues amunt low and agreed on $10 per year. If this is a problem for anyone please email and let us know. The Board members also voted that all members will pay dues, including the board. Once things are going well I hope to have a news letter for the members.

Sounds good, when are dues due?

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif
Im bummed i missed the meeting, i was wihout power for 2 flipin days.
smile_h_32.gif
Can i pay on the 3rd of Dec. thats payday for us folks on SSD & SSI..

That is a fair cost.

I don't know if you know this or not, or I might be mistaken.. But, Doesn't a non-profit group have to make public how the 'dues' from members is distribuited, before being able to collect them.
Not that I want or care to see them, but I think it might be a legal issue for the group.

No, we do have to submit in our articles that they will only be used for our purpose, which is to rescue endangered plants, propagate them if possible and reintroduce them. We can not make a monetary profit, but we can make enough to pay for any expenditures in the process of completeing our purpose. We can even have some paid employees if we ever get big enough to require it. But we will never make enough for that. We will have to rely on volunteers, but it would be great if we could offer travel money, food, pay for shipping, for grower's expenditures and all of that.

Very good! I could use help with my growing supplies. Plus we have the yearly auction maybe? That would help.

Maybe bi-yearly. Also those dues are not due right away. First you have to have a 30 day warning and then it is close to the new year, so we might as well wait til then. You also need to receive your membership forms or get it off the NASC web page when it is ready. Were moving now people. We are even filing for corp status. We are going the non-prfit way after all. It saves time, money and will probably cause me a huge headache.

Back