What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Member needs our collective energy...

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi folks

I would like to ask you all to keep our forum member and moderator Cole (Colio) in your thoughts and prayers.  Cole is a horseman and a winning team with his beloved horse Hank.  Hank has suffered an eye injury and this injury has serious implications for his life.  He is going to have surgery on his eye and horses don't always fare well under anesthesia.

As all you animal and horse lovers know, horses become just as much a part of your family as cats, dogs, ferrets, bunnies, snakes and other pets.  Horse and rider are like ONE.  They are also long-lived family members so they become a large part of your family. Hank is an important part of Cole's life and he is much loved.

Please summon all thoughts of good will and healing and prayers to help Cole and his family and beautiful Hank through this serious and rough time.  (I believe there is a pic of Cole and Hank on the photo thread.)

Cole isn't around as much as some of us (being busy with school) but he is a long time member and moderator.  So I'm sure he'd appreciate hearing a kind word of support from our community.

Best wishes to Hank with his surgery!

I'll keep the poor guy in my thoughts. Good Luck to both Hank and Cole!

Get Well Fast!
smile.gif

I'm truely sorry to hear about the misfortune.
smile_h_32.gif
Best wishes to both Hank and Cole, you'll be in my prayers and the prayers of many other members here, I'm certain.

Best of Luck to Hank, I know he will be fine!

hope his horse recovers soon, my teacher rides horses and she is there with er horse every day, she spends lots of money and time on it. I'm sure thats how cole and hank are

i LOVE horses and he'll be in my thoughts.

Will do.

Hey guys,
Thanks for all the good wishes. We just heard from the vet about an hour ago, and all went well. They did not end up using anesthesia because Hank was so calm and well-behaved. Hopefully this will be able to correct his eye for the long run, although he will be blind from now on. Thanks again for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers!

Cole

Oh I'm SOOO GLAD it all went well!!!!!
smile.gif
I just don't understand one thing,how can this correct his eye in the long run if he's gonna be blind?But still I'm glad he's ok
smile.gif
~Niki~(*Trapper7*)

Yay Hank! I knew he would be okay. Cole....I think Etamy Beth Halami (famous horse trainer, "cowboy dressage" was his thing) used a morgan stud that was totally blind for years...until Etamy felt the horse should be retired!

I know people with Appaloosas, who(the appaloosas) are prone to a type of blindness called "moon blindness", who use their mostly blind horses for dressage, reining, and gaming. It's about a total partnership, and total trust...If you have that with Hank, I would say...after some adjustment, don't worry!

Yay again, for Hank is a gentleman!

Niki,
The main point of the opp was to get rid of the pressure that was building in the eye. The pressure was so high that it did do some damage, and that can't be fixed (hence why he will be mostly blind). However, we got the pressure down, which means no more damage, and no more pain for Hank.

Cole

Blind in just the one eye?

Oh that's great Cole,I'm so glad Hank is ok
smile.gif
*Niki*

Back