What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

meet my new grow rack

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
Last night my hubby came home from an auction with a new grow rack for me.
It stands six feet tall, four feet wide and two feet deep. It has two shelves and is on casters. Now for the best part..it had been used to hold returns at some store's customer service desk so it has plexiglass installed on the top, the sides and the front. The front is actually two doors that latch together and can be locked..so it's cat proof. :D Now all it needs a reflective sheet for the back and lights. Tthere is room around the plexiglass for me to run air hoses for ventilation.
The pictures are rough cell phone images after it came off the trailer this morning.
photobucket-3169-1318687336877.jpg

photobucket-2983-1318687362671.jpg

Nice. Good find! hmmm... the possibilities! (...now fill it with plants and give us more pics! :grin: )
Andrew

Hello new grow rack
Keep us posted, it looks like is has a lot potential

will do..it will be a few weeks till I can put it in place though. I looked it up, it's a metro@cart security rack (yup..had it's official name badge on)with a retail price, without the plexiglass, of about $1,500. The shelves are optional and cost $78.00 a piece.:0o: Now for the best part..it only cost hubby $35.00 :lol:

Last edited:
Very cool! Nice pick up.

Ohhhhhh....I like! :-O

LOL! He's a keeper!

wow awesome! thats gunna make for one nice grow rack. :)

ohhhhh very cool!

lotsa possibilities :)

Looks great! Keep us posted as it comes togeter and of course when it is full of plants...

Good lord. Big problem with plant theft in your area?!?!? No one will be able to crack that safe, that's for sure.

Back