What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet "Medusa," my 20-year old Czech Giant Cephalotus follicularis

LOL, with age comes wisdom buddy. I think you probably were asking questions because you were interested in hearing their answers, and not just verifying your own. It takes people a long time to learn to ask for help, still longer to accept it.
~Joe

Here is my 4-5 year old typical Cephalotus. For scale, the pot is 9 inch.

pic2.png

Here is my 4-5 year old typical Cephalotus. For scale, the pot is 9 inch.

That's cute :love: You keep your cephs in lfs: perlite mix? I'm wondering if I shouldn't try something new for kicks - I grow mine in peat:2perlite in standing water like a 'dew.

That's cute :love: You keep your cephs in lfs: perlite mix? I'm wondering if I shouldn't try something new for kicks - I grow mine in peat:2perlite in standing water like a 'dew.
I'm a keen experimenter when it comes to growing mediums. I decided to repot this plant in dried Sphagnum moss, perlite, peat and sand. I don't like this mix and would not recommend it as it stays wet for too long, which encourages mold. I use the 'tray method' for watering Cephalotus but this is unsuitable for this medium. I will probably revert to peat, perlite and silica sand when next repotted.

Thats a good looking Ceph Mobile:).

Nice Ceph Mobile!
Indeed it is nice to still have people around who actually care about their plants.
I didn't mean to get on anybody (swords) about trying to help people, indeed that is a good part of what this forum offers.
It just gets annoying when some people ask for advice and then totally ignore it, wanting to prove they are smarter in some way, even tho they just started out. Always sad to watch people kill their plants.
I don't understand people sometime. Especially when new to a hobby, and having an attitude right off the bat. I may not try or agree with everything that is suggested to me, but I certainly appreciate peoples help (when it is sincere).

Take care all.

Me thinks we have a hybrid here, part grower, part troll! :-D

Beautiful healthy looking ceph Mobile.

Not questioning whether its a typical but I couldn't help noticing the larger/wider than typical central ribs on most of the pitchers. Very similar to the central rib on C. 'Hummer's Giant' pitchers.

Great plant:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand people sometime. Especially when new to a hobby, and having an attitude right off the bat. I may not try or agree with everything that is suggested to me, but I certainly appreciate peoples help (when it is sincere).

Well, sometimes people thrive on negative attention. And seeing people get upset over their actions just encourages them to keep stirring the pot. If they stop getting a reaction...any reaction...they'll probably get bored and move on.

This thread has taken quite a turn from the original topic. Perhaps it's now time to start a new thread, rather than continuously rejuvenating that negative attention.

About this plant specifically, have you had it for 20 years, or is it 20 years old, acquired recently?

Back