What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maxsea Affecting LFS

Jefforever

A yellow M&M
I've looked through old threads about Maxsea but I haven't found info about the specific concentrations that prevent dead LFS from breaking down...

I used to use 2 tsps per gallon but my sphagnum broke down quickly even when I flushed the pots a few hours after. I know I was probably using too much...

Does anyone know or settled on a good concentration that prevents dead sphagnum breakdown?

Thanks!

Just for fun, here's a photo of a stenophylla truncata hybrid:

P1030206.jpg

i have been using 1/4 tsp per gallon and has not been affect my life sphagnum or adversely affecting my drosera

I also use 1/4 tsp. per gallon. I have not seen any break down in the dry LFS. It makes my live LFS grow like gangbusters.

I also use 1/4 tsp. per gallon. I have not seen any break down in the dry LFS. It makes my live LFS grow like gangbusters.

I agree. I use that concentration (sometimes up to 1/2 tsp.) and I've never seen LFS grow so fast.

Thanks guys. Sounds like I was just using too much.

Back