What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Martial arts

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
He he, ah don't worry guys
biggrin.gif
. Trust me, I don't go looking for fights. I usualy try to avoid them and I really don't like to hurt people. I was just standing my ground, saying that I can't be easy beat in a fight, wether it's a street fight, or a friendly sparring match. A pride issue, I suppose. And for any succesful martial artist, I'm sure it's a helpful attitude. Having full confidence in yourself and your abilities, while still knowing your limits. You won't get anywere by going around, thinking that everyone is stronger than you, and that you couldn't defend yourself. I believe, that if you have the right attitude, then you can accomplish just about anything. I really do hope you understand what I'm trying to say
smile.gif

I have a sane: I always have a chance...there is no way going down with a fight. Plus, they beat you mentally...then you have already lost the match.

I take karate for the challenge, mental attitude, the relationships you build with other people, and I just plain *** love the martial arts period. I think the last fight I ever got into was back in 6th grade. This kid was annoying the heck out of me so I put him in a headlock and gave noogies (rubbing your knuckles on some ones head). I made him cry and never bugged me again. Then one other time I stepped in to defend my friend but nothing happened. The odd thing is after that became good friends.

travis

Nat... I get what you're trying to say. Confidence is important in all aspects of life. Stand your ground. Positive attitude when faced with adversity. That's a good thing.

I remember noogies... gave a few... received a few too.
biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (schloaty @ Nov. 27 2002,10:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nathaniel,
   You're what, 14 ( I think I saw you were born in '89)?  Just a tip from a guy who's 29.  STAY THE HECK OUT OF FIGHTS.  Come on, man!  You know better.  
Bad knees?  That young?  yikes.
5'8" at 14?  Man.  I'm only 5'7".  One of my 13 year old students is 5'10"!!!
wow.gif

wow.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
this one freshman at our school is 6'2 and this other one thats on the b ball team is about 6'4

im 5'8, which is good for me

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this one freshman at our school is 6'2 and this other one thats on the b ball team is about 6'4

im 5'8, which is good for me[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

wow.gif
wow.gif

You kids gotta stop drinking superthrive!!!
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Mmmmmm.... Superthrive.... **drool, drool, drool***
biggrin.gif

Back