What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Map of every person who has dies in afghanistan

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/news/photos/war_casualties/map/m10000.html

WOW! Considering that's supposed to be a "Map of every person who dies in afghanistan" I would expect to see a lot more points in oh... Say, Afghanistan. I'm sorry, I don't want to turn this in to some political fiasco, but while Americans are dying over there, there are the people who LIVE there (or try to.) I'm simply disgusted with the whole darn thing. When an American dies in the war, it makes the news paper, but I have yet to see anyone holding some sort of candlelight vigil for all of the regular civilians who've ended up as casualties of war. Granted there must be some, and also that this is the US, so the papers will write about their own soldiers, but dammit WE ARE ALL PEOPLE.

It sure is easy to distance oneself from the affair. You look at the morning paper, sipping your coffee and read "Another American Soldier Dead In Action." You surely sympathize, but most will have forgotten the entire thing before they've finished their mug! I realize there is the object of morale, and you don't want to read about how many thousands of people are getting blown up, but the fact is that there are thigns that people need to see. If war is 2 minutes of newspaper time in the morning, as it is for the majority of people, then of course you'll distance yourself and take it lightly.

Ok. I'm making no comments as to the basis of this war, I don't want to get in to an arguement with anyone. I don't care with whom or what you affiliate yourself: the fact remains something is very wrong. Sure it's a grand ol' time to feel patriotic, but there is such a thing as being overzealous: we are all just human.

I'm sorry if this was written in an excessively inflammatory manner, and I wish to offend no one nor to start a flamewar. JLAP, realize that this post isn't meant to be an act of agression towards you, but this post serves as case in point for something that's been bugging me for a long time, and I tried to let it go, but I just didn't feel right not saying anything.

Patriotism is fine, but weigh not the blood of a member belonging to your imaginary borders heavier than the blood of your neighbor.

where is the map of everyone who died on 9/11?
and how about a global map all the people who have been killed by terrorists??
how about a map of the home villages of all the people killed by Saddam?
where is the map of how many thousands of lives have been SAVED by US occupation?
you wont see those maps here.
Scot

well auctually i meant to post that as a map of people who have died needlessly.

Est and Scot,you both made really good points.I agree with both of you.~Niki~

Back