What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mantis threat post

• Thread starter larry
  • Start date
Finally one of my Creobroters gives me a threat pose. I opened up her (I think) enclosure, she came out and I gave her a cricket. When she was done, I tried to get her on my hands and I got my very first threat pose from a Creobroter nebulosa. No time to set up a nice shot, just wanted to capture the moment. :)

threat_pose.jpg

If there was a jaw-dropping smiley, this would be the post where I would use it...

That is such a perfect shot :0o:

What a fatty! :D

I hope you've got a nice young man to introduce to her, or already have. She's ready freddy!

How are you liking the Violins? They are fast little buggers aren't they!? Still, zoom, still, zoom...!

Wow she's pretty :-D

Great picture; thanks for sharing!!

She's something else! Stunning color/pattern/pose!

What a fatty! :D

I hope you've got a nice young man to introduce to her, or already have. She's ready freddy!

How are you liking the Violins? They are fast little buggers aren't they!? Still, zoom, still, zoom...!

I've got too many females ready to go but no males. I think I have 1 sub adult male, so it's critical that he survives his final molt.

I love the little violins, they're big enough to catch small crickets and roaches. They don't seem to move much, just hang upside down on the fake leaves.

My female ghost laid me a large ooth :boogie:

Inside their cages they are about the same as ghosts (a little more "hunterish" than ghosts I think) but have you taken the Violins out to handle? They seem to like to run. I've had them run right off the end of my hands several times , never dropped any of the other insects but these guys are unpredictable to me so far.

Can't say that I handled them. Only time I did was when I first got them, transferring them to their new home.

Great Pic!

"No time to set up a good shot"

Indeed. Suuuuuuuuuure..... :suspect:

late to the party but that is a sweet shot!

Back