What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making pic size smaller

• Thread starter wezx
  • Start date
hey,
whenever i post a pic, it turns out to br SUPER HUGE. how do i make it smaller?

You can resize it with a drawing program like Photoshop or Paintshop pro. I think u can even use Paint from windows itself, but I'm not sure 'bout that. Just open the file, search the menu's for an option called resize, and do your thing.

Edit: Or, you could use Tamlins site.
cool.gif

Just a small correction: the website given comes courtesy of Trashcan one of our Mod's here at TF, and is open for posting to anyone wishing to post photos. Many thanks for this site, Pat!

Ok I am going to explain how to do this with windows paint because its a standard windows program. If you need to know how to use a different program please post what it is and I or someone else can try to give you specific info regarding that program.

Ok using windows paint, first open the program. Then click "File" in the top left corner, and then click "Open" from the drop down menu. Then use the search window to find the pic you want to work on. Once you have the pic in paint, its very simple to resize it, simply click "Image" from the top middle, then select "Strech / Skew" from the drop menu. You will then see 4 settings, the top 2 are for resizing the horizontal and vertical, the bottom 2 are for pushing the image out of square. using the Hor. and Vert.  settings, change the value from 100% to whatever % gives you the size that you want. After you get the image to the correct size, click "File", select "Save As" from the drop menu and save the pic. Voila!!  resized picture.

Hope this helps
Steve

thanks guys!
Also, i had a pic of a flower stalk and i cropped out just the flower and saved it. Shouldn't the pic be smaller than normal? Its still super huge
thanks
smile.gif

Thanks Tamlin.
smile.gif

If the file is a bitmap file (ends with .bmp), or is a very high resolution picture, then even your cropped file will still be large.

If you have Windows XP, try this program:
http://download.microsoft.com/downloa....tup.exe
After you install it, you can click right click on an image in a folder, and click resize, and it will make a smaller copy.

You're also more than welcome to add them to the gallery.

Pat

It works! all your info helped, thanks!

wezx, your file is a bmp format, which makes your photo a large file. Try changing it to a jpeg file and see whether it will become smaller.

Hey there,

You are trying to use the page as an image.. You need to use the actual image link.. So when you are at http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/sundews/D_Binata_flowers_Combine , right click on the image, and choose "Properties." Once you do this, you will see the address. Highlight it, copy it, and then come back here, and paste that address where you put the previous one.

Hope that helps.. Sorry, not too detailed, tired, going to bed.

Edit:
For example, the IMAGE link for this pic is http://www.cpforums.org/gallery....zed.jpg . Press the image button on this forum, use that address, press the image button one more time, and you should see the picture.

thanks!!!!!!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Now it is of the right size!
smile.gif

Any chance of a trade for the seeds later?

Back