What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mad sunburn: gardening, grilling,drinking

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
Gardening on a hot day (87degF. here) planting Strawberries and some Clematis the neighbor gave me. AWWWW
mad.gif
sunburn is intense, it hurts. Drinking while grilling out is the #*^% in summer. Grilling 24oz Porterhouse
biggrin.gif
. Where else can a person enjoy a steak such as this for pocket change? It may not be known for excitement but when it comes to steak Nebraska knows ! Anybody else enjoy "hobby" grilling?

Joe

Not too much with grilling, but, boy o boy, you should see my windchimes!
biggrin.gif

(Aloe is good on a sunburn, poor thing
sad.gif
  )

I hear you Joe! I spent the day at the beach Thursday and got badly burnt. Life is hard...
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

man i am soooooo jealous. we had a nice day here in ohio. sunny early on, warm, then a little rain in the evening. just a few drops, though.

hobby grilling? i love it! now i just need to get a grill again...

technoracer

i don't get sunburned
tounge.gif

one time i fell asleep on the beach ( i think it was down in Padre) and i think i got a slight sunburn on my side. that's about it for me.

MAN!!!! I WANT TO GRILL AND GO TO THE BEACH!!!

I love grilling, CHARCOAL ONLY. I have a smoker/grill. I also do killer chicken and an excellent salmaon steak smoked on a cherry plank soaked in coconut milk laid gently to rest on orange coals - no flame. Sunburn sucks, but it worth the time I'm outside. I can't tan, I just turn red. Anybody else have a special favorite on the grill? Do tell!

Joe

I love bamboo windchimes, sooo relaxing instead of TING,TANG.

Joe

Yes, I agree, charcoal grilling is the only way to go.
smile.gif

What's a sand dab?  
rock.gif

My windchimes don't go ting tang, they go BONG! BONG!  
tounge.gif

BONG!  BONG! ...

Yeah Spec. I love Sand Dabs, especially the way they fix them at the Sand Bar Restaurant on the Monterey Pier...their Manhattans aren't bad either.
biggrin.gif

Marinate a flank steak in Worchestershire Sauce overnight, drink a Beck's beer, place steak on hot grill, drink another Beck's, serve with  broiled Florida lobster, drink another cold Beck's...it don't get no better than that.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]man i am soooooo jealous. we had a nice day here in ohio. sunny early on, warm, then a little rain in the evening. just a few drops, though.

hobby grilling? i love it! now i just need to get a grill again...

You, you, we are ind drought we need that rain it hasnt raind for 2 months

We cant use the grill cause theres a pair (trio, actually) of starlings nesting in our grill. They are anoying birds, but have comical behavior. We have decided to let them nest even tough there a introduced species.

You've been to the sand bar restaurant, lauderdale? Thats about a mile away from me!!
wow.gif

Plug up the grill and turn it on! Fresh roasted starling... MMMm!

Yeah Spec,  I was there in late September.  I tried to email you but I think you were moving...or something. I take a run up the coast highway to Monterey and beyond about once a year.
You got some neat dirt roads up into the coastal range south of Monterey.  Kinda spooky though.  
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ April 18 2004,6:23)]I love grilling, CHARCOAL ONLY. I have a smoker/grill. I also do killer chicken and an excellent salmaon steak smoked on a cherry plank soaked in coconut milk laid gently to rest on orange coals - no flame. Sunburn sucks, but it worth the time I'm outside. I can't tan, I just turn red. Anybody else have a special favorite on the grill? Do tell!

Joe

mmmmm.... i'm salivating...

dude, i am kidnapping you and putting you to work. i'll buy you some sunscreen and beer as long as you cook..  
tounge.gif
can you do ribs, too?

Feather bones are a special favorite as well. Spare ribs are nice on a cloudy warm day like a Sunday. Sounds like plan Butthead. I also do special smoking like with Rose wood and clean Cedar. Coconut palm also makes great smoking wood or a coconut itself, set on orange coals and 1 or 2 holes in top for sweet steam to release. I may actually write a small book on grilling and smoking recipes. I grill 4-5 days a week in the warm weather. I am always up for being stolen for beer and grilling.
wink.gif
cool.gif

Joe

Lavender, my friend's dad's friend makes the bamboo windchimes as a little side money. I am having some custom built 6.5ft bamboo chimes. Oh man they sound cool BOOM, BONG, BONG, BOOM!
biggrin.gif

Joe

Oh Butthead, I left the best for last. Flat out, Baby Backs in a rich, sweet jamaican spice, slow roasted over 3 hrs deep pit. In the pit is a single bottle of Dark beer (Murphy's Irish Amber). The sweetest backs you've ever had. Jumping off the bone, anxious to be eaten.
laugh.gif
NOBODY holds me on a grill/smoker. I sneeze at Chip Davis
tounge.gif

Joe

P.S. The only utensils you need for my ribs, you're born with. Forks are an insult

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you tease...
sad.gif
 i love food. i can cook pretty well, but not like that!!! man!!! yeah, that sounds like a great idea- a small cookbook.
*sigh* great... i'm hungry now.. if you do cheesecakes, too i'm really gonna break down.

theresa

You must be BS-ing. Seriously I just did a homemade berry swirl cheesecake today with blueberry and strawberry trimmings. I also am a fantastic confectionist (cheesecake, brownies, supreme pies,etc...) Strangely I hate cake. Wouldn't you love to live closer to me!
biggrin.gif
Perhaps I will send something in the mail one of these days.

Joe

Back