What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LSSC Biological Series Seminar selected files (Real Player files)

April 27, 2005 -- Development of a reconfigurable LED system to reduce equivalent system mass in an ALS
+ View Video

March 24, 2005 -- Advanced Life Support Concepts: Plants in Spacecraft Environments
+ View Video

October 7, 2004 -- Plant Production: Design Fulcrum for Water, Carbon, and Nitrogen Processing in Closed Life Support Systems
+ View Video

enjoy,
Av

:down: having trouble you see I have windows media player.
wont play the video file with that extension and I am feeling too lazy to download real player.
I really would like to see them though,thanks for sharing.

I highly recommend watching the LED movie. It's fascinating.

I went to the orbitec website, and the panel of LED's they have looks awesome. I wonder what enormous amount it must cost. The presenter in the video said these technologies are being developed for the future, around 2030, so I wonder if awesome LED systems like the one displayed on Orbitec's website will be commercially available by then. Maybe they'll be better, cheaper, cooler.

I wonder how advanced they'll be in 22 years. If what you said it true, and they double in power every 18-24 months, that's a minimum of 1 x 10^22 increase of power, if my math was right (100%^11). I wonder if they'll be used residentially and as commercial lighting by that time. It's a really exciting time for plant horticulture, and these LED's look really cool.

10^22 is a big deal. It's 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 increase in power, if my math was right. That's ten sextillion percent!

Back