What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowland tank and A/C

So how do you folks keep lowland neps happy in a room/house with air conditioning? When the condensation is too much on mine, I prop the top open a little more but the humidity gauge inside drops lower than I'd like. Now that the A/C is coming on more often, this seems to be getting worse.

Any tricks?

Condensation isn't bad just means the glass is cold, as long as the temp inside the terrarium is high enough you should be fine. If you want to get rid of the condensation a small fan inside the tank to circulate the air may work, depends on just how cold the glass is. Other than that you could cool the terrarium (which isn't good for the plants), or heat up the room (which isn't that great for you). As long as the temp and humidity are good though condensation only affects the view.

And when it runs down the glass it cleans it. Hurray!

And leaves little lines everywhere. YAY!

the condensation just makes it harder to see the bicalcs-that is just unacceptable! If the humidity goes down just by cracking the lid open a little, wouldn't a fan just help push it out? That's my concern. How to circulate air with out chasing humidity out of the tank.

Back