What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowland/intermediate nep pics

566nepenthes_003-med.jpg

N. truncata x ventricosa just opening
566nepenthes_008-med.jpg

N. truncata x ventricosa a few days later. This is the largest pitcher so far. It is about 7 inches tall.
566nepenthes_009-med.jpg

Closeup of peristome
566nepenthes_007-med.jpg

N. rafflesiana gigantea clone B-99
566nepenthes_005-med.jpg

N. northiana
566nepenthes_002-med.jpg

N. veitchii striped after a month
566nepenthes_001-med.jpg

N. veitchii different pitcher

Wow awesome plants! Have a spare cutting or two for trade?

Noah, I just replied to your earlier post in rattlers thread,

Do NOT go around begging for plants.

yes very nice.The Truncata x Ventricosa is wicked should be super tough to with those two parents.
Bye for now Julian

nice northiana, mine is making pitchers similars to yours how big is your plant?

Love the trunc x vent! I have that, too, and just WAIT! 7" is nothing....You're if for some BIG pitchers on that bad boy!

Nice plants dude. I love the veitchii, i reallly want one of my own.

Thanks for the complements. The northiana is only about five inches wide. I've only had the truncata x ventricosa only about a year and it has almost tripled in size. The pitchers were only two inches tall when I got it. It has almost outgrown my tank.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The pitchers were only two inches tall when I got it. It has almost outgrown my tank.

This hybrid really doesn't require a tank, unless you live in a dessert. Mine pitchers nicely in humidity that sometimes drops into the 30's....though I do try to keep it over 40%. It seems to have inherrited the toughness of both parrents.

Back