What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Low-cost drip irrigation systems?

• Thread starter seedjar
  • Start date
What about a system like pot-in-pot drip irrigation systems used in plant nurseries? I think they use pretty low pressure and flow, so should be pretty cheap. Pretty much a flexible main tube with lots of smaller tubes distributed along the length, each going into a pot. Set your pump up to pull from the bottom of your terrarium, put it on a timer, and boom, instant "recirculating bog" right inside your grow case. Then, once in a while, just swap hoses at the pump output, turn the pump on, and you can drain the grow case reservoir right into a bucket, and refill it with fresh water. I could try to draw a diagram, but I'd never be able to upload it from work. You ought to be able to get a small pond pump for a system like this for about $30. Maybe another $30 in tubing, nozzles, etc. Or maybe I'm way out in left field...

Back