What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love bugs they are what's for dinner!

I took this picture last week in FL and thought I would share it with yall. Leucos are known for being gluttons especially at this time of the year and this photo is proof. What I want to know is why don't the love bugs on the top just fly out? Stupid bugs! They desreve to be eaten.

Enjoy!

lovebugfeastrez.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sarraceniaobsessed @ Sep. 17 2003,6:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What I want to know is why don't the love bugs on the top just fly out? Stupid bugs![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Uuuhhh, maybe they're too busy
wink.gif

rolleyes.gif

Great pic of a fabulous looking plant.. Is that one of your own or is it wild?

Thanks for sharing
Steve

This leuco was in Bob Hanrahan's bog in Baldwin Co. AL. It was an unbelievable bog with all 8 species. Jim Miller has shots on his video that he is producing for sale.

LOL, Yes, I suppose they are busy! 'La peite mortia'( French for the little death, a euphamisium) but in a BIG way.

Good gravy! All mine topple over before they can get that full. That's one sturdy pitcher!

On a related note, anyone's sar ever catch a daddylonglegs? I was watering my plants, and I saw these leggs sticking out of the pitcher of my S. alata. I checked it out, and there was a daddylonglegs that I guess tried to hard to get in. Its body was in the pitcher, with all the legs sicking out the top. Ever sit in a chair and have the seat give out and fall through the fram, so your arms and legs are all sticking straigt up, but you rear-end is sticking straight down? That's what it reminded me of. I just had to chuckle!
smile.gif

Back