What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lotsa pics!

Hi all. I just got back from Lake Tahoe, where I spent my holidays. Boy did it snow! Anyway, my plants made it fine, and I got some new pitchers while I was gone. Here's a sampling:

First, a N. alata luzon "red speckled." It should get a little deeper color over time:
N.%20alata%20luzon%20red%20speckled.JPG

Next up, my trusty N. maxima x ventricosa had twins:
N.%20maxima%20x%20ventricosa%2010.JPG

Here's my latest truncata's peristome:
N.%20truncata%20peristome.JPG

Here's a little upper pitcher from my N. x wrigleyana:
N.%20x%20wrigleyana.JPG

And finally, here's a shot from my place in Tahoe, where we had about 6 feet of snow during the eight days I was there:
Tahoe.JPG

Capslock

Nice pictures and nepenthes, capslock.

That maxima x ventricosa is neat looking! How big do those pitchers get for you?

wow , very nice , i especially like the n. maxima x ventricosa .

Hi Capslock,

Wow! Nice plants. Those pitchers are gorgeous. I miss the snow!

Bobby

That snow is beautiful! Here in Minnesota almost all the snow melted and the place looks like crap.  
mad.gif
 Aw well...

Great pics! Just like some previous posters I think the maxima x ventricosa is great.

I love the pictures! The alata and truncata look spectacular, and I have never seen such a nice picture of x wrigleyana before. Obviously, mine needs better care.
smile.gif

Pat

Thanks guys! Josh, the largest pitcher on the N. maxima x ventricosa so far (the one in the pic on the left) is 7 inches from the base of the tendril to the base of the lid. 8.5 inches if you include the lid height. The width from side to side at the peristome is an honest 3 inches, which is what I think is so cool about this nep. Well, that and the fact that it's an easy, vigorous plant to grow. The people who see my neps in person are always enthralled at this plant.

Capslock

PS: I don't know if this is allowed, but the guy I bought this from about 8 months ago has an auction on ebay right now for the same plant: Ebay auction of N. maxima x ventricosa

Wow!  The guy is charging 15 bucks for shipping!! The shipping rates at least is a rip off!

SF

Zoinks! Those are great pics! Dig that maxxraf!

Max, I don't think ebay links are an issue. BTW, VERY nice plants. I particularly like the N. alata luzon speckled and your max x ventricosa hybrid. Keep up the good work.

Snowy, shipping is high because the seller is located in Hawaii. Costs some mula to ship them babies to the continental US via freight charges.

Back