What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks like i will never get a green house

good points ram,

Well I talked to the association. Looks like I shouldn't have to big of a problem. I need to get some blueprints or plans to send them in the mail with a statement explaining why I need this. Also I have to make sure it won't obstruct the veiw of any neighbors, which shouldn't be a problem since I don't want it to much taller then the fence. Plus the "veiw" isn't of where I'll be wanting the g-house....

updates later this week....

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Oh, funny thought, get Ozzy to send you some Carrion Flower bulbs... and next year, put them out when they bloom. When the neighbors complain, tell them quite simply, "Oh, the greenhouse would have charcoal filtered the air... sorry."

Sure thing. I'll be glad to send you some. Too bad I can't bag up the smell for you from my flower this year.

sorry for my ignorance. But what are carrion flowers? I can surmise from the name carrion do they smell like rotting flesh or something?

Your guess is correct.

Dude, that really sucks. That reminds me of my list of fears, top three: Gated communities, cheap lasagna, and THE COLOR MAROON. Gated communities are TOO perfect. Cheap lasagna is creapy because, who knows WHAT they put in that thing. And maroon, well, i just can't stand maroon.

Seriously though, that really sucks. I do think the tree idea is a good idea though. It might mess up sunlight, so maybe there is another place you can put it that is almost as good.

Tuna, here is something maroon that sould change your opinion of the color.
smile.gif

Display.JPG

MAROON! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I don't know how sound of legal advice it is but I am one that would just put it up and if theres a problem, we'll battle later. We all know in communities like that theres no veiw to obstruct, they are green lawns, a bush or 2 and a driveway to a house. Whats to miss? The veiw would be a GH, it'd be the only thing different in the neighborhood. I've always thought it would be fun to be wealthy and move to one of those communities and paint my house lime green just cause I can. Be a Donald Trump and dare 'em to try take me to court.
biggrin.gif

Joe

I second what Joe says.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RamPuppy @ April 04 2005,7:38)]Tuna,  here is something maroon that sould change your opinion of the color.
smile.gif

Display.JPG
You found NEMO!

SORRY COULDN'T RESIST

haha I love the colour maroon

What a maroon! - Bugs Bunny
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]One of my favorite X Files shows was the gated community episode.

Oh yeah, same here. God, I will NEVER live in the suburbs.. I can not follow all the @#$% rules. It is such crap.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ April 03 2005,4:14)]It's like the gates are to control the people within, not the people outside.

Capslock
That was what I thought their purpose was when I read this account, serious.

Back