What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to take up riflery

• Thread starter nrbelex
  • Start date
So I'm looking to take up riflery and I know at least a few of you here shoot so I was hoping you could point me in the right direction. I've found a range (Coyne Park Public Range) which has the ammo, targets goggles and ear protection but I'm not sure what to do about the rifle itself. Nowhere does their site mention rifle rentals and I doubt any other local place (or otherwise) rents rifles and there's about a 0.05% chance of my buying a rifle so I'm a little stuck. Any ideas or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

~ Brett

I would suggest contacting the range and telling them that you are interested in taking it up, but would like to try it out before purchasing a rifle and asking them if they had one you could try it out with a few times, or if the know of a member of the club that might let you use a rifle.
The site mentioned that you can only use .22 caliber rifles, which are fairly inexpensive, so once you try it out you may decide you would like your own.

i would contact the range and see what they can do to help you out. also taking an afternoon to just go and hang out there could be quite usefull in finding someone to help you out. like any other hobby there are some real jerks your going to run into but lots of ppl in the hobby are as helpful as anyone on this forum.

one thing i would suggest, check out the 24 Hour Campfire forums* and join. they are a good bunch of guys for the most part as long as you dont try to be a "know it all jerk". if you post in the "Hunters Campfire" forum about where your at and what you want to do i think atleast a couple of members are probably in your are and will be more than willing to help you out. a few big name gun writes hang out there like Ken Howell, John Barnsness, and Phil Shoemaker and are really good ppl. also if you want to do some general reading i highly recomend the magazine Rifle by Wolff Publishing, it is the best thing out there. if the writers there dont get you more interested in shooting i dont know what will. anyways i think this will give yah a start. if you start looking for an inexpensive .22 of your own drop me a line and ill give yah a list of good guns. let me know if i can help you out in any other way.

*warning alot of political beliefs on this site are way on the other side of those here, if you dont like what they have to say politically, just chat about guns and shooting and stay away from the political posts.

Hey - I plan on doing a lot of what you said. Thanks!

~ Brett

Back