What's new

Looking for U. inflata....grr

My mother went and dumped out my tub that was containing about 30 strands of it, not knowing there was anything in there....and i cant seem to find any of it...
so i need to know if anyone has any spare strands or turions or w.e these things go in to when they are dormant. mine werent dormant yet, and were growing really well, took me forever to find the proper way of growing them too....

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
You might still find some in the wild where you live. Don't they live in Washington too?

Ant

Your one and only pest!
Where did she dump it? If she dumped it in the grass like my mom would have you might find some.

Edit: Also invasive implies harmful and threatens other species, introduced and naturalized plants usually aren't called invasive. (an example is the pavement ant, it can't survive in the unaltered ecosystems but does well where people live so it only called an introduced species.)

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
Aww, sorry to hear that man - hope can get a replacement. When you get them back in cultivation you should enlighten us to your method. I had some going for a year or two but it was never happy.
~Joe

Lol Joe, the funny part is, when I tried to grow it, it did crappy, when I finally gave up and just let them be, they did very well. I just put them into plant watering trays and put a tiny bit of peat in the base and used only rain water in the tray, which we've had plenty of lately...they just took off from there, 3 strands turned into a mat of it almost in a few months. But since it has been getting colder its started to die back.

Lil Stinkpot

Lucky Greenhorn
Looks like you found a source. What you said about letting it do it's own thing is exactly what I did with mine. The stuff in the little aquarium is dong so-so, but the stuff in the water trays is thick and lush!