What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

looking for some harder to find LLs/intermediates

This list is going to be long because I doubt I find more than 1 or 2 (if that lol), so...
PM me if you have available:

N. adnata, gracillima, longifolia, macrovulgaris, reinwardtiana (don't care what form)
N. benstonei, viellardii, sumatrana, all lowland Philippine species except truncata
And just for laughs, the ever elusive campanulata....

Ok where does campanulata come from (be found)

Ok where does campanulata come from (be found)

I know seriously. I've been looking for one for a while. I mean I GUESS I could find one, as every once in a while one surfaces (like in the NASC auction), but I'd rather not pay $80 for a plant that was $25 seven months ago. I know of someone that has them in TC but they won't be ready for a while IIRC. Seems every time I mention that species a hush falls over everyone that has one. Thats the one only thing I've really had problems finding for months

I've been looking for a domestic source of N. adnata and N. campanulata for a very long time (at an affordable price). For moderately easy growers they sure are scarce considering everyone wants them. I remember one member said they'd split their adnata soon and I told that person I'd give him pretty much whatever he wanted, but that person never got back to me.

Ahh, ONE day they will be common plants I hope. I also sent several PM's and E mails to one of our esteemed members who owns his own nursery, because he said he had N. campanulata that would be ready in a few months, but I didn't get one reply. That was.... I dunno, last fall or winter. He's been absent so I hope all is well with him and his family :)

Its another instance like hamata...if you have the right conditions it grows quick and easy. There just seems to be an artificial notion of scarcity since everyone that has them rarely, if ever, lets one go, and its to their friends. Well thats the case with hamata anyhow. A lot of people have campanulata, and they seem easy to flower. I know there are a few females and a few males going around, so I'm wondering why its taking so long to produce seed.

N. campanulata and a whole slue of others that I would have at least started to see pop up somewhere.

I expected to see seed of campanulata by now. IIRC, MT produced 24 clones, so you think you would get a female somewhere in there.

I have a female and the last 3 times it flowered I advertised EVERYWHERE looking for male campanulata pollen and I didn't get one reply - even to say that there weren't any males around. Otherwise...I would be in big production of pure campys right now.

Thanks for the info, Phil...although it is disappointing. Did you post on GFP too? I think quite a few people there have them, as it is readily available in the country from you know who.

It is disappointing PK. At the time I think folks were more interested in producing campy hybrids than the pure thing. No biggie. There's nothing wrong with great hybrids but I know how hard it is to get the real thing in this country and I wanted to help however I could. When it flowers again I will post looking for males. PK, I did not post on the GFP. Is that the forum in Germany?

Hybrids are great! I love hybrids! But I would go with the pure species most of the time, given a choice.

Cheers,

Joe

Yes Phil, its the German forum. Next time it flowers either post there in English, or tell me and I'll post there in German on your behalf. On another note, I think the int'l pollen agency is/was down...I couldn't add plants a few days ago

I have a male and a female campy. They don't seem to flower at the same time, though, just to irritate me.

Granted, I've only had the male for a little over a year, and it's much younger than the female.

However, my female is currently spiking along with my tentaculata, so I think that should be an interesting cross.

Thanks PK...I'll take you up on that offer when the time comes.

Back