What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for S.purpurea ssp. venosa var. montana se

Hi all

I'm looking some seeds of this particular Sarracenia...
Can someone help?
In italy isn't still in cultivation and this forum i thought is the most probably place where i can find it.
Thanks in advance

Hi Pesiolino,

First thing we need to find out is do you have the needed import paperwork?

Also, we don't generally talk money on this forum, so please don't offer to pay for it.....The seeds trade offer is fine, though.

Good luck on your search!

Thanks Schloaty
The seeds exchange will be good for me too.
I know that for import seeds from USA isn't needed any paperwork or certificate, isn't it?

Well, you have to check on the Italian import rules.

I used to know what the rules for seed import to the US were, but I foget now....and they've probably changed since I did it three years ago anyway.

My point is to just make sure you & your potential trade partner have any documents you need before you trade.
smile.gif

Thanks again Schloaty..
I'm sure that isn't needed any documents for import seeds, i asked to the appropiated autorities...
But i think the most difficult is now find those rare seeds..:)
Hei!...Nobody? ...Advices for find them in nurseries are also welcome!
Thanks in advance
smile_m_32.gif

I can not help in the seed department but I just want to caution you that since this form of the plant is protected it might fall under the same regulations as plants like S. oreophila and S. alabamensis. I do not know this for sure but you might want to check into it.

If it is under protected status, any exportation from the US, seeds included is not legal.

Back