What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for NEPENTHES pollen

I've got a Nepenthes splendiana coming into flower soon and I suspect it's a female. It's a first-timer for me, but I'm told by the owner of the mother plant that it's a girl.

If anyone has fresh pollen available within the next week, PM me and I'll trade off half the seeds. There's only about 10 pistils, but it should come to a few hundred seeds total.

Thanks, Oz

Is it still in flower? I just noticed a stalk on my N. x 'Miranda' I'm pretty sure those are boys....

I have a male N. x Gentle (maxima x fusca?) in flower if you are interested in the pollen.

I have a nice something looks like some type of N. veitchii (not miranda) with 7 spikes on it.. don't know if it's male or female... whatever it is i'd like to swap either way to produce some seed.

I'll keep you all posted.

-Jc

Oops! :/ The plant was pulled down by the new arrivals to the house 5 labrador puppies
mad.gif
... and ofcource they went to town on the plant.. I'll get back with you guys and let you know if there are any surviving inflorecense.

-Jc

Back