What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello Everyone. Happy Thanks Giving. I hope everyone will have a good one.
Anyways. I am looking for seeds of Multi fork sundews. Ones Like Multifida, Dichotoma, Marston Dragon, Etc.... I want to grow these among my Neps in my Lowland greenhouse to help control the Mosquitos. I always get a ton of Mosquitos every summer and I want to "Deck" out the Greenhouse with a ton of Dews. I am hoping to make the Green house No Mans lands for Mosquitos. Can call it No Mansquitos Land, LOL
I am willing to provide a sase for the seeds. I can even do a trade for them. I have Gemmae that is starting to be produced from my Pulchella x Nitidula. I will have hundreds of Pulchella x Nitidula Gemmae in the next up coming weeks .

One of my Fluffy pots of Pulchella x Nitidula. Several plants are already barely starting there Gemmae in the Photo. Its Just barely so the camera isn't able to catch that image.

http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss58/Nepenthes101/m.jpg

Hey Mike

Interested in binata "small red form" seeds? I know it's not a multi-fork, but it forks.

If you want some, they're on me free of charge.

PM'd Yellow Dart. Thank you so much.

I thought the multiforked dews generally bore infertile seed.
Was I wrong then?

I have plenty of D. Dichotoma seeds. They are really cool.

Hi Rocket caver. I never heard of the multiforked dews producing infertile seed. Is there a certain form of the Multiforks you heard of doing this?

Many multi-forkers only produce fertile seed with a genetically different plant of the same subspecies. If no different plants are around, infertile seed is borne.

Yes, I read that somewhere, and that since most were produced by so few original plants that it is difficult to find a mating plant because they are all too closely related.
I have never bothered with seeds for that reason, but have had great luck sprouting new plants from flower stalks. I have gotten more than 20 new plants from a single flower stalk.
It can't hurt to try the seeds though, you aren't out anything other than time and effort.

If our trade groes through, Nep 101 will get many dichotoma plantlets, and seeds on the side.

So don't worry in this regard Rocketcaver. Besides, my dichotoma seeds sprouted in 9 days flat. They are fast growers!

Heck I wasn't worried, I was just hoping to learn something.
I know you'll be fair, I didn't mean to imply otherwise.
Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Its probably OK. I don't think Nepenthes101 will need any more forked sundews after I'm through with him!

If you're interested in some root cuttings from my multi-forked dews, I can send you some in an SASE. Just cut them into 1-2 inch pieces & put them where you want them to grow & cover them lightly with damp soil(sphagnum peat). You might want to start them in a separate growing tray that can be kept fairly damp to wet then replant them once they've sprouted.

Back