What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Miranda

I have been looking for a plant of N. "Miranda" and I have not found one locally. Does any one have one they are going to trim back and I might be able to get a cutting for postage?
Thank you
Phil

Hey Phil, you've exceeded your pm storage.
So here is my pm as a post.

I have a nepenthes miranda that is a foot across and has four growth points. You can have it for shipping if you'd like. I paid 40 for it.

I recently got some new plants and needed some soil, so I un-potted my miranda and re-used it's soil. Now I don't have any more soil for it plus I'm out of room. I've had it's roots wrapped in wet paper towels to keep it moist. The sooner I find a new home for it the better.

The plant looks shabby because it does not like the growing conditions of my windowsill. It needs some TLC (warmer temps and higher humidity) That being said it is pest free, and like I said early, I paid 40 for it.
While it does need a bit of attention, I do not think it is past the point of no return. In other words a lost cause.

Oh I didn't realize your PM inbox is full. I too have a large N. Miranda. Mine is about 2ft across and has two good growth points. I probably could ship it potted, but that would cost a lot more. If you'd prefer, I could send it Bare-root, wrapped in paper towels and sphagnum, for $30. It's pretty healthy, but because I haven't had the best lighting for it it doesn't have pitchers. When it did have pitchers they were about 9" tall. It's very healthy except for the lighting being a little on the low side, and is still producing great new growth, but the tendrils dry up before they form a pitcher.

no sales only price for shipping

no sales only price for shipping

If you're talking about the 30$, it costs a LOT of money for shipping large plants priority.

The $30 is for shipping. It's big! That's why I usually don't ship large plants, but I don't have room for it, and I need it out of the way fast.

I would jump in one of these if I didn't recently get a cutting. Wife might shoot me for spending 30 for shipping on a plant I already have. Of course she does think they all look alike and prolly wouldn't know the difference. Cause most are pitcherless ATM. Lol oops

Thank you

Thank you for all of the generous offers. I now have a N. Miranda.
Phil

Back