What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For (To Buy) Looking for a very cheap resilient cp that my grandfather can grow

My grandfather is currently 66 and has an ant infestation, I need something extremely resilient and pretty to look at in the Windowsill that self pollinates and eats greedily for a relatively cheap price.

Your best bet is some kind of nepenthes like a ventricosa or a sanguinea. They will eat large amounts of ants and are easy to grow although they do not self pollinate. Additionally, getting plants for pest control isn't that effective. They take time to adjust and start growing. They also will not have the capacity to capture every ant that comes by. If you do still want a nepenthes for you grandfather both those species are sold by flytrapshop I believe. However, for serious ant control consider getting an ant trap.

My grandfather is currently 66 and has an ant infestation, I need something extremely resilient and pretty to look at in the Windowsill that self pollinates and eats greedily for a relatively cheap price.

Hello,
A carnivorous plant won't get rid of an ant infestation. It will eat some ants, but it won't kill a whole colony, no matter what species you decide to go with.
What are your growing conditions? How much care will your grandfather be able to give the plant? The more info you give us, the better we can help.
Good Luck! :D

Back