What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look what I've found!

Peanut

I like this
Hey i found a bunch of these living right under my D. capensis!
I took it out and repot it, but i think i killed it. :(

Here's what it looked like before i repotted it.

Picture060.jpg

What do you think? Does it look ok?

If the root didn't dry out excessively while waiting to be replanted it should be ok. Personally I would have waited until it a couple more leaves but that's just me.

You'll have plenty more of those if you let the flowers go to seed :)

i repotted it 12 minutes after i uprooted it. I think it should be ok.

speaking of seeds, I took 2 pods from the garden center. Doesn't look like they have good security.

Can they be planted in pure peat because thats all i have.

Picture056.jpg

There's way mre seeds than this.
Picture057.jpg

Pure peat should be fine. Just expand the plug as per directions, let it cool (hot water) and drain. Be sure to use distilled/RO water. If the plug is expanded already in the photo, you can probably cut off some of the netting on top to give you more space. Sow a few seeds on top and seal it up in a bag or if you have a propagation tray for the plugs cover the tray. Have some water in the bag or tray. Make sure there is plenty of air in the bag and room for the sprouts up top. Give it plenty of light but avoid direct sun because it could cook the seeds/sprouts.

I won't lecture you about taking stuff from the Garden Center, even if it probably would be discarded ;)

ok NAN i'll stop using my five finger discount card.

fivefingerdiscountforNAN2.jpg

haha. lets see... ive stolen a Onc. 'Sherry Baby' flower...the orchid that smells like chocolate :D it was just one flower...so my mom could smell it :)
Alex

I wonder if CP's are edible.

Maybe I could collect novelty orchids :)

There is an orchid that smells like chocolate? "
'Sherry Baby' flower...the orchid that smells like chocolate "
My intrest is peaked.

yes! smells like a very rich chocolate!

Yup, Sharry baby is awesome! I got one a month ago and it's starting to bloom now. GET ONE! Google "Sharry Baby"!

Tom

Back