What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live sphagnum moss....

Hey everyone, I have a question on sphagnum moss?? I'm thinking of geting some live sphagnum moss, I just want to know how to grow them... As far as lighting, can I grow them under grow lights or can I grow them outside, I live in San Francisco. The highest temp in the city is like 80's to low 50's, and do I leave them in water or keep them damp???
Thanks for the help...

Hi Showbiz

This probably won't really answer your question, but I have found that when I put dried ("dead") sphagnum moss in the bottom of my CP tanks, before I know it, I have a nice carpet of green, live sphagnum. Never expected that! But all 4 of my tanks have a beautiful carpet of moss in the bottom.
smile.gif

So...thats kind of a way to get some if you don't mind waiting for it grow.

Just a thought.
smile.gif

Suzanne

Showbiz, Sphagnum enjoys humidity and pretty mucht he same conditions as your CP's. Keep it damp, if you have a terriarum, grow it in with your CPs. It's pretty low maintenance stuff, humidity and light are the hall marks.

Thanks , I'll do that!!!

Back