What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little shop of horrors &

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Earlier this year I went to our local library and got a copy of Little Shop..... - the 1986 version, with Steve Martin, Bill Murray, ..... Rather enjoyable, if a bit twisted.

A couple weeks ago I went back and did an inter-library loan to procure the original (1960) version of Little Shop.. and Day Of The Triffids. Yesterday, I had an opportunity to sit down and watch them. I was disappointed, though, because I was sent the 1986 version - again. I watched Triffids, but I thought it was kinda dumb. It reminded me of Night Of The Living Dead, only not as well made.

Anybody else see Triffids or the original Little Shop?

Day of the Triffids scared the bejebus out of me when I was a little kid... which was some time ago.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Loved day of the triffids wish they would make a remake,with todays special efects it would be fantastic
smile_n_32.gif

Bye for now Julian

I have the original Little Shop somewhere. It's just your average B (or C) movie. I find it really funny that Jack Nicholson is plastered on the movie cover because they're milking his stardom for all it's worth.

Ha! I read the Day of the Triffids in English class when I was 16. We had complained bitterly all year that all the "great" works they made us read were terrible, so we got stuck with that.

Gimmer Terry Goodkind, Raymond Feist or David Eddings any day.

Back