What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little pot of horrors

Kate

Far too old to grow up now.
Okay, First and formost I would like to remind all the spouses out there that the purpose of a spouse is to keep their other-halves obbsession in check! The purpose of a spouse is NOT to say:
"Hon, you and I both know that if YOU don't buy it some moron who dosen't know their A** from a butterwort is going to and they are ALL going to DIE!" (Edited for language)

I am getting over run with plants David is not holding up his end of the deal! (I still love him though)

Anyway that was a little off topic, my real topic is, as most of you who have bought lovely things like "The bug-bitting terraium" or "Little pot of horrors" know, they don't tell you what is in there.

I bought a "Little pot of Horrors" tonight (mostly due to the spousal failure mentioned earlier, or so I want him to continue beliving lol) and it came with a Nep, a ping, and a sundew. I have pics, still looking for webspace so I can post them for all to see, in the mean time, so I have something to go on, what kind of Neps, and Dews usually come in these things?

I know the ping, P. primulaflora, it's the nep and the dew I can't identify yet, and given the rather sad shape they are in at the moment it will be a bit before I can see what they really look like. So if anyone who has bought one of these before can tell me what they got that might give me a hint.

Thanks,
and may all your spouses fail as horribly as mine does! lol

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

*spelling edit* *I can't type*

I've seen N. Juduth Finn and D. adelae and spatulata in a lot of the little CP containers.
smile.gif

I've seen N. ventrata sold at a few places.

Besides the aforementioned Neps, I've seen N. madagascarensis. As for sundews, besides those mentioned, I've seen D. capensis and D. intermedia.

I've gotten LPOH before, and the dew is Adelae and the nep is judit finn (unless your store stocks different LPOH products). By the way, the judith finn I have from them is growing like gangbusters.
biggrin.gif

The dew isn't adelea... I will post pics later today (it looks a bit like spatulata).

The Nep is colouring up nicely (was almost white) and I am leaning towards ventrata, of course I could still be wrong.

Back