What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little bog terrarium.

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
There is a lot of bog here in southeast Alaska. So I more or less just put a terrarium outside, threw some live spaghnum moss in there and planted a few native carnivores, it's not very impressive but it is also extremely easy to take care of, I virtually don't.

032.jpg

D. rotundifolia cuddling up real close to a P. vulgaris.

035.jpg

A sad looking D. anglica not taking the transplant too well. It will be fine though ;)

034.jpg

Really not an impressive set up, it will be nice to see in bloom though, in a few months.

Cheers!

Nonsense. It looks great! :D

Thanks! Looks like I lost the D. Anglica. :( It has been record breaking heat and sun these last few days, I guess it wasn't very stable. Looks like I'll have to go out and try and sacrifice another one from the muskeg maybe sometime soon.

The glass will crack in wintertime as the water/soil mix freezes and expands. I know from experience!

I think the Ping and D. anglica would appreciate some peat moss underneath that nice healthy looking live sphagnum moss.

The glass will crack in wintertime as the water/soil mix freezes and expands. I know from experience!

Don't worry, already been done! This terrarium has been outside for two years now. It's far from leak free, so I do actually have to water it every few days if it isn't raining, which it usually is.

I think the Ping and D. anglica would appreciate some peat moss underneath that nice healthy looking live sphagnum moss.

The Butterworts are actually thriving, a lot of seed they dropped last fall are now little inch long plants. I don't think they mind the live spag moss. Also, the D. anglica, and actually almost all wild carnivorous plants I have seen here in Alaska, live and thrive almost exclusively in nothing more than spag.

Back