What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lighting 2 or 4 T5 Winter/Summer

Hey everyone:

I read through the lighting guide and Googled it, but it's been a few years since most of those have been updated so I thought it would be okay to ask for advice.

I recently bought several 4 tube T5 light fixtures which have the option of have two or four lights on. (For reference, this is the one I got). I've also got a timer, but I wasn't sure how long I should set the lights to be on each day. Can someone give me some advice on how many hours summer/winter? Thanks!

For reference, I'm trying to get light for, basically, pots with East Coast (USA) CPs; a Ceph, a couple Australian 'dews, a few S. African 'dews, and a few Neps. (A nice mix there).

Thanks for the advice,
-N

I use a t5 four tube fixture with three 105 watt Photography Daylight CFL's in clip-on sockets for 14 hours day.
and I start my plants at a good distance of about 18" -24" If a Neps starts to turn red, I raise the lights more.

Back