What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets think about this logically

• Thread starter Treaqum
  • Start date
No of course no one told me plant locations. Not exact ones anyway. Which is perfectly fine. I mean one person emailed me and said look in Baldwin County (well duh!).
So I hav obtained non-specific (well sort of) plant locations from many people. It's really logical and requires no actual thought or illegal activity because anyone can do it. Want to guess how? I tell you after a few days or until someone guesses the right thing or enough posts have been made.

I would help you unfortunately I've never been bogging yet, here is a list of some places without exact locations: Bull Creek FL (S. Minor), Walton Co. FL (Wilkerson Bog), Baldwin Co. AL (DUH! Bob Hanrahan), Sumatra, FL (Mainly lots of Flava Rubricorpa)

Well Kirk jsut ruin my fun
smile.gif
No seriously thats how I figured out locations. With some help from some friendly people's growlists. And of course fieldtrip info and google for compiling all this. So I wish to thank everyone for their unwitting help. Oh yes must now look up Walton Co. I think I narrowed down the roads I need in Al. So the trip will take appromimatly 8 hours including plant picture time.

For someone living in an area with Sarracenias, it's easy to get a copy of the county soil survey and search the pages for places with the right hydric soils.  Someone who knows where the soils are is well on the way to finding the plants.

ask the original old timers in the area where they are at. might have trouble in florida of course...

You need to get hold of maps of the area. Look for bogs in the counties mentioned.

Yes thanks to someone's site in the UK I found town areas that will probibly have plants. Mapquest.com is of course essential for maps. BTW I figured out where hurricane Creek is. I know the original LEuco site does not exist but I hope to find something there.

Back